1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I (Agender/gender queer/gender fluid)?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WickedConfused, Aug 15, 2015.

1. WickedConfused

So recently I've come out as gay and I guess this has allowed me to start exploring myself more.

I'm biologically male - well, at least externally.

I've never demonstrated typical masculine characteristics. I'm quite emotional, sensitive, played with dolls and Barbies, have long hair and do not look masculine at all.

I've always identified as male, but have never felt like one truly.

I physically look androgynous and have been mistaken as female on many occasions.

Recently, I asked myself this question, "What is my sex?"

I spent days thinking about how to answer this question and have come to the conclusion that I have no answer. I neither feel fully male or fully female.

In fact, I seem to fluctuate between feeling masculine and feminine every other day or so. Other times I don't feel either and I don't even think about my gender.

Some days, like today, my gender identity has switched about 4 or 5 times, once within the space of a couple minutes.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not trans as I don't feel female, even when I feel feminine. But then again, I don't feel male most of the time either.

This is what I would love to know:

Am I some form of trans?
    Am I agender?
    Am I gender fluid?
    Am I gender queer?
    What am I?

2. levi2000

While I can't tell you who you are, I will tell you what your identity seems like to me.

It sounds like you could be agenderflux, where you identify as agender but have fluctuations where you feel feminine, masculine, androgynous, etc., or librafluid, where you are mostly agender, but have a strong connection that fluctuates between feeling masculine, feminine, androgynous, agender, etc.

I hope you find something that fits you!
    Good luck!

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2015 at 11:53 PM ----------

**quick note:
    Please try to avoid the phrase "biologically male", because this enforces the idea that your body determines your gender. Instead, use "amab", or "assigned male at birth". I don't mean to be rude by correcting you; I just want to avoid amab trans people getting offended. Thanks! :slight_smile: