1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revaluating Gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by David21201, Aug 15, 2015.

1. David21201

As many of you know, I do/did identify as agender/transgender male. I was very close to coming out then I hit a bump.

I began feeling waaaaaaayyy more feminine and my dysphoria passed. I feel like maybe I'm genderfluid since I still do get dysphoria but it comes and goes.

I mean some of my transgender friends said that maybe my dysphoria comes and goes depending on how I feel and that I truly am transgender. They also say the more comfortable you tend to be with what/who you are the dysphoria passes....

any advice or tips?

2. levi2000

Hey!

You don't need to feel dysphoria to be trans, so don't think that your occasional lack of dysphoria invalidates your gender. You are valid, no matter how you feel.

And on labeling yourself, don't worry too much about it. You will eventually find something that suits you.

You could be genderfluid if you fluctuate between two or more genders. This means that some days/weeks you feel male, some you feel female, etc.
    Since you said that you did identify as agender/transgender male, it's possible that you are librafluid. Librafluid means you are agender, but fluctuate between feeling a connection to two or more genders. A librafluid person could feel feminine some days, masculine other days, etc., but is still agender.

Hope I could help! Feel free to message me with any more questions, or if you just want to talk!

Good luck!

#2 levi2000, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015