1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

complacent vs comfortable

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TobaccoFlower, Aug 17, 2015.

1. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you guys tell the difference between being comfortable in our gender or just ok with the coping strategies you have developed? I can't tell much difference between being ok with being called a boy or identifying with it on certain days. I wonder if perhaps I'm primarily a tomboy because of the way I was raised (obviously being raised as a boy affect ts how you act and are familiar with acting) or if I'm gender fluid. What helped you differentiate between all the supressed emotions?

2. levi2000

I can't really tell you, because everyone is different n the way they experience their gender. But, I can tell you that I had a similar problem to yours. I would recommend that you "try out" different genders and gender labels. Look at yourself in a mirror and say "I am [insert gender here]" and try to find something that feels right to you. Sometimes, just saying that you're genderqueer allows you to explore your gender and to find an identity that suits you best.
    Hope I could help!

3. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! No, really, any help is good help. I guess that's what I've been trying to do. I'm just so worried I can't figure out if I'm rejecting the man label in lieu of SOMETHING else or perhaps ANYTHING else. I don't feel harmony so strongly with any gender, but I feel strongly against the gender I was asssigned

4. MetalRice

What helped me figure out that I was really trans and not just having body image issues was a whole host of things, including dreams of how I envisioned myself and stuff, feelings about my body, etc, it was a long process, and I don't know how much it applies to you; but I thought I would answer anyway and see if it helped any.