1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TimeTraveler, Aug 17, 2015.

1. TimeTraveler

I'm physically male but i don't identify as male one bit and i've been struggling for the last few years with my gender identity, when i was younger(5) i would daydream about being a girl and thinking about how great it would be, i never mentioned it to my parents because i was and am an extreme introvert i didn't share much, as i got older i started to think about my gender more and more, once my parents explained sex and puberty(i was 12) to me i started to feel worried about becoming so male and big and tall, i wished that i was smaller and not like that. when i was 13 last year i started to research gender and i realized that not everyone was just male or female that some people were in the wrong body or their gender was fluid, i then thought i was gender fluid but i still wasn't certain because i more often then not even when i felt male i wished that i was female and had breasts and the such, so i decided i had to be transgender so i told my parents expecting them to be happy and supportive but they weren't really so long story short i told them i was wrong and that i was just confused, and i tried to tell myself that it was true that i was male but it didn't work i just got depressed and more confused because i still didn't know what i was despite wanting to be a girl, i still would feel a bit masculine some days and on others some what androgynous. it's still on my mind all the time and it's weighing on me, a lot. a part of me thinks i'm genderfluid but i know i'm not happy with my body. if anyone could help, thanks...

2. levi2000

It's possible that you're genderfluid! That means that sometimes you feel one gender, but other times you feel like another gender.
    But you can still be a girl and feel androgynous some days and masculine other days. If you feel like a girl, then you are a girl!
    It's important that you're honest with your parents about your gender if it's safe for you to come out. But, only tell them when you're ready.
    Keep researching genders until you find one that fits you best!

I hope I could help. Good luck!

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2015 at 10:39 PM ----------

**quick note:
    I don't mean to be rude by saying this, but try to avoid using phrases like "physically male" or "born in the wrong body". This can be offensive to trans people because it enforces the idea that your gender is determined by your body.
    Instead, you can say "assigned (fe)male at birth" or afab/amab.
    Thanks!

3. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I know what you're going through here.

Even cisgirls don't feel completely feminine all the time. From what you've written, you sound transgender to me. You could be fluid, or even something else entirely. In the end, only you can know for sure. But I know how hard it can be to figure it out on your own. My advice would be to drop all the labels. Try to figure out exactly how you feel, then look for a label afterwards. If you find some comfort in labels, you could identify as genderqueer for now (genderqueer = not exclusively masculine/feminine)

I know how difficult it can be, but hang in there! We're all here to help. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

#3 MsEmmzy, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015