1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Aug 18, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I'd really like to get some form of pixie cut, but one of my problems is that my head is rather round/square shaped. I've heard that long hair works better with this type of head, but I'd like to know if there are any styles that circumvent this "rule".
    My second issue is my parents not wanting me to get my hair cut short... But hopefully if I find a good-looking style I can convince them.
    Advice is very much appreciated! :grin:

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you put some pictures in your album, it may help for us to advise you further. But if you don't want to, I can try to work with you regardless.

What I did, as far as parent-protests are concerned, is gradually "work my way up" to a really short hairstyle. This way they got used to me in short hair. Started by getting it shoulder length (and by the way, you can find masculine shoulder length cuts and styles if you're interested) then to a sort of layered bob thing, then to a "pixie" and finally where I am now... Happy, military-esque short sides & back with a longer top.

Check these styles out for some starting ideas you can work from.

3. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OOO!! Yeah, we're going to be pixie cut buddies! Alright, I have an oval face. I just told my hairstylists to do whatever they thought was best. But, I did of course have a source. Let me ask you this? Where is your hair naturally parted? Mine was always parted on the left, so I had thiner hair on the right.

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hair's always been in a bob or shoulder length, so they are acquainted with the idea. Thanks for the link, anyone else can still give some advice.

The "split" thing is a bit more to the right

#4 DreamerBoy17, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  5. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, then the left is more thinner I assume? If so, you can tell which side will have more bangs and yeah. What type of pixie cut are you looking for? something masculine or so? And by the way, it doesn't really matter about your face shape. Anyone can pull off a pixie. Anyway, if you're trying to look more masculine, I prefer going for an undercut or something close to that. It's easier to spike up your hair. Though, you can get something like mine and have a bushy and fluffy hairstyle. Also, you can get a really really short pixie like Emma Watson.

#5 ScaryClosets, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  6. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents never wanted me to get my hair cut short and my mom still complains about it all the time. Eventually, I shaved my head in highschool to raise funds for cancer but also to donate my hair to make a wig just to cover up the fact that I wanted short hair.

If your parents are anything like mine, they'll keep complaining even if you've got a killer hairstyle, you just gotta learn to tone them out.

7. ashleysummer

ashleysummer Guest

Hi dear! Here is the article on how to choose a haircut depending on your face shape - link . As far as I remember, pixie suits people with round face shape.
    Look, it`s awesome
    [​IMG]