1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many pre-T transguys shave their face?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How many of my fellow pre-T transguys shave your face, even if you don't need to? Or do you just not fool with it?

Personally, I do shave my face sometimes as it helps me feel less dysphoric and it gives me practice for when I'm on T and actually need to.

Though I stopped shaving my legs... Nobody noticed... yet.

#1 Kodo, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually have a decent amount of facial hair (yay genetic hormone imbalances) so I have to shave everyday, though I don't bother if I'm not going out anywhere

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I do, it makes me feel better when I can feel it growing back kind of rough so I can at least pretend that I could grow facial hair. I don't even want facial hair, but I like the feeling, it helps with dysphoria.

4. randomconnorcon

I don't shave my face. You can't really tell unless you look very hard, but my upper lip has a little hair around there. It kinda makes me think of the beginnings of stubble and I like that.

I don't shave my legs (or underarms) either and I wear shorts (wearing shorts right now) so I know they've noticed. I thought maybe they just didn't care, because only my dad really said that I should shave, but now I've got two of my siblings telling everyone I'm a boy and my dad telling me that he and my stepmum have talked and they're just waiting for me to tell them the truth, so now I'm thinking they've suspected and him telling me I should shave might have been to see my reaction (I just said no).

5. pinecones

I shave my face every now and then (maybe every two weeks?). I only have standard peach fuzz and some upper lip hair, so it's not like it really does that much. I think getting rid of the really light hair makes me look more masculine, surprisingly.

6. Foz

Foz Guest

Hold on, I'm a bit lost here. Are we talking MtF or FtM?

7. thepandaboss

Um... FTM. That's kind of what transguy means.

--

I do once in a while. I've heard from a few sources that shaving peach fuzz is supposed to make a difference with passing. I haven't honestly noticed a difference but it makes me feel better anyway.

8. Foz

Foz Guest

Eh? Females don't need to worry about facial hair? And I though most would want to keep any they did have?

9. thepandaboss

I think you're going to find that most transguys don't like being referred to as fucking female. And when your facial hair looks like a Cabbage Patch kids' pubic hair, you usually want to do something about it. Facial hair doesn't look good if it's not even and taken care of.

#9 thepandaboss, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And if you're a trans guy who isn't out then the facial hair can be a source of ridicule.

And to repeat something my grandma told my brother " 'Females can grow hair anywhere males can".
    Plenty of cis-women, trans-guys, and trans-women who shave due to facial hair.

#10 Matto_Corvo, Aug 18, 2015
  11. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People who have a predominantly esterogen-based endocrine system (as in pre-T FtMs) do have "peach fuzz" or vellus hair on their face. This can potentially out a person if it's obvious or if someone is paying close enough attention to see that this person has vellus hair vs terminal hair on their face. As was mentioned, it can also help to ease dysphoria to shave for already mentioned reasons. And calling an FtM a female or an MtF a male is rather offensive. It would be better to say "Pre-T guys" than "female.

Anyways, back to the topic. When I was pre-T I shaved once in a while. If I felt like it or if I was trying a little extra hard to pass. I'm pretty lazy, though... I'll probably sport a scru.ffy look once things come in enough lol just because lazy.

Edit: Wait why is Scru.ffy censored? ><

#11 Ronin, Aug 18, 2015
  12. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do every other day, I like having a little bit of facial hair. It's mostly just on my chin that grows the fastest, then the odd one on my cheeks or jaw line.