1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help with figuring out my gender identity.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by brba, Aug 18, 2015.

1. brba

brba Guest

So ive been doing a lot of research online about my gender identity and to be honest, im more confused now than when i started.

I was born female and most of the time thats how i feel but i have days where i dont really feel like i am female, but at the same time i dont feel like im male either. Kind of like i dont have a gender.

I'm so confused right now and im just struggling to find out what i fit into. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it!

2. Acm

Acm Guest

What do you mean exactly when you say you don't feel female?

3. brba

brba Guest

Like, i dont really feel like i fit into any gender during those times. I'm struggling putting it into words to be honest.

I pulled this off of the internet and it kinda fits what im feeling.

To me, genderfluid means that I don't always identify as female (my assigned sex). I don't, however, move just between male and female because I also move between agender as well. Sometimes I would identify as sort-of-male-ish or sort-of-female-ish. Sometime I identify as I-don't-even-know-quite-what-I-am-today. Most often I wake up feeling a different gender to the day before but sometimes it can change in the middle of the day. Occasionally even more than once. Sometimes it doesn't change at all for weeks at a time. That's what my genderfluidity means but I definitely do not speak for everyone who identifies as genderfluid.

So, sometimes i identify as female and sometimes i identify as the "i dont quite know what i am today" part. I'm seeing genderfluid a lot but i didnt know if this meant that you move between identifying as male and identifying as female or whether it would also include the part where i dont fit into a specific gender.

Im sorry of this makes no sense, im not very good with words haha

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2015 at 01:04 AM ----------

Ok, so basically my question now is...Does gender fluid include those who feel that on some days their gender fits their assigned sex and on others feel that they have no gender at all?

4. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry answer, yes. As far as I understand gender fluid is when you gender changes back and forth in a spectrum. Something like bigender though is a distinct switch between two very distinct genders.

Now a little advice. Finding a label to call yourself is fantastic; It lets you connect with others, makes explaining things a bout easier, generally can make you feel better. But be careful with it. You are you and know that that's all you need to be. I've seen to many people finally come out to themselves as one label our other and then be almost as stuck trying to fit into this new distinction as they were when they called themselves male or female. But anyways, I hope you the best of luck trying to find yourself. :slight_smile:

5. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agh, dirkinz beat me to it again! :eusa_doh:

But yeah, genderfluid can mean that you fluctuate between any 2 or more genders. Strictly male/female is bigender.