1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of not feeling like a 'real' boy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AndySammy, Aug 19, 2015.

1. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

First I'd like to apologise for the title. There's no such thing as a 'real' and 'wrong' boy, that's not what I meant.
    But my case is that I'm trans FtM, but I don't feel like a boy at all. I mean, yes, I feel like a boy, but not a 'real' boy. I don't look like a boy, I have boobs(E cup, not easy to overlook) and I just don't look like a boy at all. And it makes me so sad and dysphoric to feel this way, and I don't know what to do to feel like a real boy. I bind, but my breasts are almost unbindable and my face is so feminine. Plus that, m mum is very unsupportive and I can't tell my dad just yet.
    Is there something I can do to feel more boy-ish?
    Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you mean by you don't feel or look like a "real" boy? You're a boy because that's who you are and how you identify, and boys look like a lot of things.

3. MetalRice

I think what our friend here is saying is that he knows he is a boy, but that is tired of everything on the outside being as feminine or "female" as they are (his body, etc).

I can relate to the OP, coming from the other direction of the spectrum of course, there are days where I can think of nothing but how I am absolutely just so sick and tired of looking like a guy and having a guy's body and parts and not like the woman I see myself as on the inside, it's tough, the dysphoria and anger and frustration is tough, it really is, but people like me and you OP, we just got to hang in there, we'll be the people we know we are and were meant to be one day; we just got to survive and take it one day at a time to do it xD (*hug*)

4. theslayer

Out Status:
    Some people
    I get what you mean. It's not that you aren't a real boy. We all have different interpretations on how our body should match our gender. I'm sorry to hear about the lack of support you have.
    How do you bind? Maybe get a different binder. Think about what things will make you feel more masculine.

5. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

Thank you so much for the answers. I am a real boy, it's just frustrating the outside doesn't match the inside.
    I got one from Morf. I can't get another since my parents, at least my mum, is very unsupportive, so I can't buy one. I currently bind with one some sizes too big.

6. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I say to myself, some guys are just born different.

7. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

Yeah, you're right. I should probably just accept I'm one of the different born guys.