1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploring gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by theslayer, Aug 19, 2015.

1. theslayer

Out Status:
    Some people
    Since I was little I've been kind of a tomboy. There are times I tried to be feminine like wearing dresses and make up and even though I did look pretty it didn't seem like that was me. When I realized I liked girls, I thought that was it. This is what's been going on with me. I live in an extremely homophobic household so this is kind of a big deal. But lately I've been feeling somewhat uncomfortable with my gender identity or expression. I feel like I need to explore this more. Maybe by cutting off my hair and dressing in a more masculine way, but I'm really scared.
    Any advice?

2. levi2000

Try reading about different gender identities. Learning about new labels can help you find one that fits you best.
    I would also recommend that you try out different gender expressions. Maybe you could dress in a more masculine or androgynous until you find a style that works for you.
    Good luck!