1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender advice needed

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by magikinsey, Aug 19, 2015.

1. magikinsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi. I have decided that I prefer the gender identity agender, and I have a few questions. (I am DFAB)

-How long should I wait to come out? I have felt this way all my life, but have only just recently found the term agender, so I know it's not a phase, but I'm scared if I come out too soon I could change my mind and my family would all say "I told you it was just a phase."

-What do you recommend for binding? Also, how to use a binder?

-What bathroom should I use? Like I said, I am female at birth, but I don't identify as female or male.

-What are some non binary nicknames starting with a K?

Thanks for your help, even if you can't answer all of these.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) You'll know when you're ready. Also, keep in mind how open-minded the people you're coming out to are, if you're coming out to your parents, make sure you have a back-up plan in case they don't take it well.

2) I used a few different binders; Underworks, GC2B. I personally like GC2B, due to the fact that for me, they're super comfortable to wear. Though, I do believe Underworks make better quality (material wise) binders. If you do get a binder, make sure you look at the sizes, and don't get anything that's too small. And, as it will usually say, if you're in between sizes go a size up.

3) If you're comfortable using the women's bathroom, I'd say that one. I think the women's bathroom is a bit more "friendly" to use, or if it's possible, you could also use the "family" bathroom.

4)
    -Kai
    -Kasey
    -Karsen
    -Keagan
    -Kelsey
    -Kris

Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use Underworks cause they seem to be better for bigger boobs and last longer in my opinion.

As for coming out, do so when you are ready. Take in account how people might react and if you will be safe after coming out.

Use which ever bathroom makes you comfortable. I like gender neutral bathrooms but will use female ones since I've used them most my life and I still look like a girl

4. HunterInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. Come out when you're ready and you're sure it's safe. This is exactly how I feel, we shouldn't have to wait just so people believe us but doubting is completely normal, I've passed that stage and am apprehensive of coming out because I think people will just humor me with it. In the end it doesn't matter how long it is after you've found you're gender identity, just do it when you're ready, the reactions won't change.

3. I find the bathroom thing really distressing. I'd say just stick to whichever you seem to pass at, but everywhere I go I look for unisex/family bathrooms. Where I am there just don't seem to be any :frowning2: