1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions regarding the gender identity of two of my friends

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lonewolfblair, Aug 20, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One of my friends says that she believes herself to be Agender and i was wondering if i could get a description to give to her since both of us have a rough idea but want to know more.

And i am wondering what you would call my other friends identity: she doesn't give a crap about what you see her as but does sometimes feel female and sometimes feel male.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    First: I'm not nb, so... yeah.. ^^

If your first friend is agender, then she may feel: that she doesn't have a gender at all; that she is just neutral; that her gender is very different from what most people experience/inexplicable.

Your other friend sounds genderfluid. If she doesn't give a crap what you see her as that just means she doesn't have social dysphoria.
    Genderfluid is an umbrella term though. If she feels like she is a guy one day and is a girl the other, then she might be bigender. But to me, at least, it sounds more like she is genderfluid.

Hope that helps!
    x

#2 Invidia, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Becki put it pretty well, it's good you're trying to better your understanding of your friends' identities.

4. HunterInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is the general explanation for being agender, and it's hard to elaborate in terms of what all agender people feel any further. I look at other genders and feel completely removed from them and right now my dysphoria is really bad and having a female body/people seeing me as a girl gives me hot flushes and makes me want to throw up but personally I don't want to change my body to be more gender neutral like some agenders do because, like, it doesn't mean anything to me, I just hate that it means things for other people. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask, but I don't know what you consider your "rough idea".

This doesn't sound very useful but hey ho.