1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for gender fluid people

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Colorora, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Colorora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I'm a cis female and I have a question for gender fluid people, how many names do you have? Do you just have one gender neutral name (ie. Alex, Sam) or do you have two names, one for each gender? (ie. Fem: Emily Mas: Emmet) I've even heard some people have 3, one neutral, one fem and one mas. How does it work for you?

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm genderfluid but mostly male. I have a name (Jesse Mark, neutral first name with a clearly male second half) and a nickname (people call me by my last name, which is neutral). Mostly people call me by my nickname because I haven't told them my name, but those who know my chosen name generally alternate between the name and the nickname however they want.

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have an alter ego if that makes any sense. It was more relevant in the past, I've somewhat gotten over it now, and ID myself only with my birth name. That doesn't stop me from feeling predominantly feminine/masculine once in a while, though.

#3 andimon, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  4. levi2000

I go by Levi most of the time (my birth name is more feminine and when I feel feminine it doesn't bother me).
    But, it's totally up to the individual! Lots of genderfluid people use a different name and pronouns for the different genders that fluctuate between. Do what feels best for you.

5. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just go by a more gender neutral name with online friends as Ell. In real life people call me Liz..But I prefer having a gender neutral name/androgynous sounding name.

#5 Midori, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I do not identify as genderfluid, I do tend to float between agender and male. I just go by Brad for both, because I really don't have any other names that I want to go by. In situations where there are multiple Brad's, I'll sometimes go by Ashton. I never really thought about it, but Ashton is more gender neutral...

I would do what makes you feel more comfortable :slight_smile: