1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presenting as a male imput

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Vegetarian94, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Vegetarian94

So, I tried presenting as a male for the first time today. (Born a female)

I've never done makeup in my life - other than Halloween - so this was definitely a bit hard. I used an amazing video (link below) to try out masculine features.

I'm wondering if 1) Did I manage to present as a male somewhat? 2) Does anyone have tips on presenting as a male? 3) Does anyone have particular advice regarding what I did today? I'd like to figure out what I can do next time to make it believable and just plain better.

**The skin tone is really off since I have trouble finding makeup pale enough to match my complexion.**

That video that I mentioned:
    https://youtu.be/dcPGLj99vpM

Thanks!

Attached Files:

#1 Vegetarian94, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. levi2000

It seems to me like you presented as male successfully!
    I would recommend that you watch other men in public places and try to mimic the mannerisms you see that they share (eg. crotch display/sitting with your legs open). Watching other people always helps me express my gender the way I want to whenever I'm not female (I'm genderfluid and afab).
    I hope I helped!

3. Vegetarian94

Thanks so much! That definitely helps. I worked in the theatre for five years and always played male roles, so I know a little about body language. Yet, I never really thought to watch guys to pick up their mannerisms. It's a great idea. I'll have to try it.

Does anyone have tips about binding, though? I have a certain chest situation...kind of noticeable. Very, very noticeable. I get called a man all the time until they see me from the front, so I think that I could really "pass" if I bind properly. I tried a sports bra and an over shirt in these pictures, but I had to move and stand just right for it to sort of work.

Thanks again for the feedback!

4. AlexTheGrey

Seriously, you look more masculine than I ever did. I'd say mission accomplished, no sweat.