1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

agender, genderfluid, demigirl, or just female?¿

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by musicalkawaii6, Aug 20, 2015.

1. musicalkawaii6

Out Status:
    Some people
    So ive been questioning gender. Its kinda like this. I'm afab(or dfab, or cafab, they all mean the same thing) and I sometimes will feel completely female, and other times I feel neutral, and sometimes I feel male. I thought this would be genderfluid, but whenever I change gender, I always feel at least slightly connected to female? sometimes I cringe at any gendered pronouns. In my mind I usually will refer to myself as "she/her" sometimes just out of I guess habit? Another thing is lately I've felt kind of like I really want to be recognised as a masculine figure but I don't know. Am I just a normal cisgender female? Is this normal?
    Another thing I get, is on masc days I always get a lot of dysphoria with having feminine features (boobs, wide hips etc)
    I don't know what to identify myself as ;-; :help::confused:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you definitely could be genderfluid. As for the connection to female, it makes sense. You've grown up being referred to as "she" and treated as a girl, so you're still going to be getting used to not strictly identifying as female.

3. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As Em said, you could very we'll be gender fluid. However, I think you need to find out how you feel on the inside about this, either by looking deep within yourself or trying to talk to someone IRL, if possible. Feel free to leave a message on my wall of you need to talk about it, and good luck! (*hug*)

#3 HopefulRebecca, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound genderfluid. Like Em said, it makes sense for you to feel connected to female. That's how you've been seen (and presumably seen yourself) for all/most of your life.