1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you ask the doctor?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Aug 21, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    :dry: My parents are wanting a doctors advice and information before we get me a binder
    I'm unsure how to go about asking them or if the doctors even know what to say or know safety/things about binders. Anyone know what you would call and ask the doctor at that point? because I looked things up online but my parents wont let me until I ask a doctor, so what do I say?

2. levi2000

I would try and first make sure you have a trans-friendly doctor. Some aren't, and they could just tell you it's not safe to bind just because of their prejudice.
    I would tell the doctor that you would like to bind, and ask them about safe ways to do it or safe brands to buy binders from. You doctor should be okay with you binding if you do it correctly and you don't have any medical conditions that would make binding unsafe.