1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else ever....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone else ever feel like they will never be a good boy/girl?

Like my cousin was having a bad day and I joked and said he should eat some ice cream. His response was that he was a guy and that his problems won't melt away in a bowl of ice cream. This now has me feeling like shit because I usually eat my feelings and love ice cream.
    Every time I feel at my manliest someone has to remind that I am not manly.
    Boys don't read romance books.
    Boys don't like watching Pride and Prejudice.
    Boys don't eat ice cream when they have a bad day.
    Thank you for pointing out how unman like I am act like this should make me happy.

2. MaybeMyGender

I feel like this alot. I haven't done anything to start becoming a women except for owning abit of womens clothing. And I'm not even sure if i really am a women.

But what i can say is i feel like this alot. Like I'll never get there or that I'll never fully find out who i wanna be. I always think I'll just be ugly and unpassable forever even if i do decide this is me. Or that people will point out that i like things like video games and say something along the lines of "Girls don't play video games, you are a boy." My friend just afew hours ago told me I'm not a women. And it hurt, and it still hurts my heart because of how much of a close friend she is to me. So i can atleast relate to that a fair bit, the feeling i get atleast.

I hope you don't let it bother you to much. Even the people we hold close can be rude at times. And we have to learn to accept that it simply happens at times but they still love us. (*hug*)

3. randomconnorcon

I used to be scolded whenever I did something considered "unladylike" - "girls don't sit with their legs apart, girls don't have their elbows on the table, girls don't wear jeans to a party."

I called bullshit then. I call bullshit now. We can do whatever we want. If someone told me I couldn't do something because boys don't do it or girls shouldn't do it, I didn't feel like less of a boy, I just felt defiant and I did it anyway because I could.

That's just me. I don't like hearing I can't do or say or have something because of who I'm not and who I'm supposed to be. My cousin used to eat whatever was in the house when he had a bad day, from ice cream to tuna. Both of my only good friends at uni are girls who love to play video games, as are two from high school. One of them even posts videos of her playing them on YouTube.

Preferences and likes don't define gender. I know it can feel like crap to hear it, but it's just something we need to learn to ignore.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PSH people can say I am girl. Fine, I'm a girly boy who eats ice cream and goes "hot damn" when a guy with a cute ass walks by. Buy I will own this girly part of me.

Thanks for replies guys and gals

5. MetalRice

Oh hell yes, I worry that I'll never be a "good" girl all the time, thanks to fears that I'll never look like a "pretty" girl even after undergoing HRT and surgery, or hearing my mother tell me I like too many "boy things" and can't be a true girl unless I am completely girly all around, or that I won't look good in women's clothing etc, so many things worry me really; but I always realize at the end of the day that I would rather be an ugly tomboy of a girl if it meant I could be the real me then the average looking guy that I was born as but never really was.

6. Colorful13

Manly is a state of how you feel, even though there is a stereotype people perceive, that is not manly. Manly is however you feel manly. My best friend feels his manliest when he wears his sun dress and high heals. Dont let others tell you how to be the man you are.