1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Myself

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LoudNoisesXD, Aug 23, 2015.

1. LoudNoisesXD

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So for the last week I've been seriously questioning myself on my gender, I'm thinking I may be FtM. What started this was that recently I've been having some phantom limb experiences in that I have a penis, after a while it passes and I'm left with an empty feeling that something should be there. To explore this feeling I've been looking back to my childhood where I did identify myself as a boy until puberty where I was told to "grow up and start acting like a girl" and around this time I developed depression and anxiety. I was a bit too young and didn't know enough about the issue to put the clues together, I just thought I was experiencing this because of genetics and my feelings of sadness where for no reason, I'm starting to think they were because I couldn't be myself. My current plan is to try dressing more as a boy (with a binder and such) to see if it makes me more comfortable with myself, I'd just like to ask people here if you think that is a good idea, to let me know your thoughts on my story and if there's anything else I can do to settle my feelings on this matter. Thank You :slight_smile:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Of course no one but you can say for sure, but it does sound like you could be trans. That sounds like a good idea to explore your feelings, that was something that helped me realise too.