1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts are Aggravating

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Posthuman666, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

Doubts are very annoying. I am female. Right?

I know who I am. I am a non-binary trans girl. I was born male, but am a girl. I expierence dysphoria particularly with my body and from a social aspect. I can't stand being seen as a boy by everyone. I cringe when male pronouns are used. I really wish my penis would just disappear, as it isn't helping me feel girly.

But then why do I feel like Im wrong? Like I am really a boy? No, just even typing that was painful, but ugh doubts are aggravating. I don't need this. I need to be feminine.

2. hispanicninja9

Not really a good adviser here, but... I do get you.
    Maybe you feel like you are wrong because society keeps tellig us that girls have necessarily a femenine body, don't have a penis, etc, and that makes you think you don't enter in the category of woman? And also the fact that people assume you are male when they see you?(I don't know how femenine/masculine you look though so I don't know)
    I think you are not wrong. If you feel like "boy" is something that doesn't describe you and you actually feel so uncomfortable being object of male pronouns, then it means something. Social standars put a lot of pressure on us for knowing what we are. Male or female. And non-binary may sound like that "you can't decide"(which is false, and you know it).
    Maybe I mixed things up a little haha
    Just don't put more pressure on you. I guess that's the advice I can give you from all this.
    (don't feel like checking spelling haha, sorry for the mistakes)
    (*hug*)(*hug*)

3. MaybeMyGender

I deal with the doubt trips alot. I understand how you feel.

It's almost impossible feeling to find or be your true self when you have doubtful thoughts. The feeling of "Well, maybe i am just a boy" or "I don't know how i feel, but being a girl still kind of sounds better, but i don't know for sure".

(I'm sorry if that isn't how your feeling, i was just trying to describe my own situation for comparison.)

All you can do, if your getting the doubt trips i get. Is remind yourself of why you feel like a girl. Why you believe on the inside your a women.
    A fellow transgender friend told me last night that something good to do could be writting down the reasons you feel female (Or if someone else reading this feels male) in a notebook and keep it in your room. Write down things that people have said or done that make you happy or sad to remind you of who you are and how you feel in these moments of doubt. I believe personally that it is just us being unable to fully accept who we are or who we believe we may be.
    Afew examples:
    -I got called my my preffered name.
    -I got recognized as my preffered gender.
    -Any experiences protaining to you being transgender that affected you in a positive or negative way emotionally. (Dysphoria)

I hope i was of some help, even if it's slight. (*hug*)

#3 MaybeMyGender, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  4. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it might be an unpopular opinion, but just like reminding yourself all the reasons why you are a girl, perhaps, in the interest of FULL self-awareness you should also list or acknowledge all those reasons you don't feel like a girl. Is it your penis? Does that count? Is it your ability to fit into socially male roles comfortably? I have issues with being in male roles but I receive less judgement for being in them. So am I comfortable in male roles or am I less uncomfortable with being praised for something I hate just because I'm good at it? And does that make me a boy? Does my role in society (I'm a "father," for instance) change my gender, or is it just an inadvertent product of misgendering?

Don't fight it. Understand it. If you feel male then you will appreciate it and if you don't then understanding your doubts will solidify your decisions. No decision can be made confidently until it overcomes opposition