1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems help? (I'm at the verge of giving up)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Aug 26, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not long ago I got into going to a counselor and I don't normally like counselors but I decided to give it another shot. Its been going okay and everything and the guy I'm seeing specializes in the LGBT community so it's perfect really and he hasn't done anything wrong exactly it's more that when I talk about my issues with dysphoria or other things in my life.

he's openly told me that he doesn't see where I'm having problems he basically sees me as someone who can speak my mind very clearly and understand themselves perfectly well because I'm able to in his words describe myself. And apparently I sound confident which is all great but just because I'm sounding confident doesn't necessarily mean I don't have problems.

I don't know what to do because he's a good guy and I don't want to be an a****** by saying this isn't working out. And there's nobody around my area that specializes in the LGBTQ community he was basically my last resort. I'm confused and lost that I want to get help on something and simply because I know how to speak my mind clearly and express myself he doesn't understand why my problems are.

Well "technically he understands my problems the word
    would probably be he doesn't see where I'm struggling." I've tried to explain it but I don't know what else to say I've explained it to him in as much detail as I possibly can remember and I think it's pretty clear. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? It's almost like just because I'm fluid and I said that I'm still confused the confused part isn't getting through to him.

I've even expressed fears to him that are just fears like, I might be trans and I got the same response. :frowning2: I'm scared because I'm getting a binder and I'm doing all this stuff to my body and I have nobody who sees my frustration and my struggle and no matter how I explain it I'm not getting anywhere. I'm almost in tears because I don't know what to do and I don't want to be an a****** either to a perfectly nice person.

#1 MidnightStar, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. Posthuman666

I think this is something you need to tell him. You should say that your feel like he's not really acknowledging you, or what ever else you may feel.

As someone who's been seeing therapists and counselors for 8 years, they can be weird sometimes. They can seem really supportive, and then tell you something you don't agree with, but when you try to argue, they press the point like they know you better than you. I have had a very similar problem with my therapist.

I don't really know what else to say. You just have to voice your opinion to him directly.