1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Become me or chase my dream

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FootballFan101, Aug 27, 2015.

1. FootballFan101

This is a problem I have because of my gender. So my dream is to become a pro footballer, play for FCBARCELONA and win the UEFA Champions League, La Liga, Copa del Rey, maybe Ballon nDor then move to an English side and win the Premier League and FA cup. I can not do this as a female as it is male competitions and I dont want too change after I retire (if I even make it) and just be knowing as the 2nd Caitlyn Jenner (nothing wrong with her but I want to be the 1st me) obviously transitioning is more reachable for me. So should what do you think become my true self or chase my dream

2. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't really offer some advice for you but I can relate somewhat. I'm in cadets (a military-esque program for youth) and I can't grow my hair or anything because of the strict standards they have. I know it's not really the same because I age out of cadets eventually while your dream would last must longer...

I'm not familiar with how sports work or anything (especially overseas) but are there other options rather than just the male competitions? Maybe there's a way to do both? Like I said I'm not really sure.. I guess you just have to decide which one is more important to you. Anyway, best of luck. (*hug*)

3. FootballFan101

There is female competions but they arent as good and the crowds are small little atmosphere

4. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be interested in Kye Allums. He's a transgender man who played basketball on the women's team. You could be like him, but the other way round. I don't know how convenient or useful that would be, but there are others who do similar things and have similar problems. He's able to play on the women's team provided he doesn't accept hormone therapy so you'd probably be bound by the same rules if/when you play football in the future.

5. FootballFan101

Cool I searched up about him