1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Form Problems

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by IvorySteel, Aug 28, 2015.

1. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I was filling out a form online for a new bank account and I noticed that they didn't limit you to titles of Mr/Mrs/Miss, but allowed you to select "Other" and add your own. I was suddenly panicked, because I really wanted to use my preferred title, Mx., but this was a Proper Official Adult thing. What if they needed my legal title and would accuse me of fraud otherwise? What if they sent letters and my parents saw them? So I just closed it and put it all off.

What do other people here (talking mainly to nb/gq and trans people not far along in transition) do in this situation?

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would think if they've got that as an option, go ahead and use it. Really, that's mostly a way to ask gender without directly stating it.

3. KayJay

This is a very good way to look at it. You'll be fine if they give you the option to input your own :slight_smile:

As soon as I changed my name legally I went to my bank to update my name and they let me use Ms as the new title for my account and credit card even though I was legally male on all of my ID at the time. They ended up taking off the title on my credit card when I had to call in for a new one for a security warning but I think that was just because of my voice. My account itself and all the mail they send me still says Ms. So it will be fine, there really isn't any sort of fraud you're committing at all.

#3 KayJay, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015