1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mac Man, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Mac Man

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm here because, as the title suggests, I think I'm transgender. The problem is I'm not entirely sure, I'm 15 years old and I was born biologically female, but I've never felt like a girl really. I remember liking things boys liked or getting jealous of my brother because of him and his friends. This all started when I was around 12 or 13, well I first really thought about it, well really thought because there were sometimes but I never really thought about it too hard. Ever since it has been an on and off thing for me and I thought it had ended when I'd come out as a lesbian, thinking maybe it was only because I liked girls. But recently the feeling's come back stronger than ever and I don't know what to do because right now I'm pretty sure no one in my family will be supportive of me especially at my age. My parents are split up and my mum lives in France, she has always said how she's always wanted a 'baby girl' and how happy she is to have me, which just puts so much stress on me. Hell even today when we were skyping she sort of broke down a little and was very close to tears talking about how much of a 'beautiful woman' I am, which would be nice if it didn't put so much stress on me. I'm not even sure if I am trans though, I've looked into it a lot and though a fair bit resonates with me I'm still scared and hesitant. So I guess I'm asking someone who has maybe been in the same situation as me or something to help me out because everything is so complicated and I'm so confused.

2. FootballFan101

You defaintly seem trans when everyone is away experiment with your brothers clothes but what I would advise you too do is look up non-binary genders they are genders that arent Male or Female you might be one of those GOOD LUCK (*hug*)

#2 FootballFan101, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'm MtF, but I can see if I can help a little!

Well, the usual questions are:
    - How do you like your body? Do certain parts of your body or your body in general feel uncomfortable? Do you want people to see a woman when they see you? Or is that uncomfortable? And how would ou feel if they saw you as a boy?
    - How do you feel about female pronouns? Would you prefer if people called you he/him?
    - How would you feel about wearing suits to weddings, wearing male undies and so on?

Also, there is no mold you have to fit to be male. If you feel that you are and call yourself, then you are. And it's okay that it can take some time to figure it out-

4. Mac Man

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you for these kind words :slight_smile:. I've actually started wearing some male underwear fow a little while now, I stole two off my brother. I've been really thinking a lot about it and have sort of started to get a bit of a clearer image. I've also decided to attempt to lose weight (I'm quite chubby) to see how I feel with a smaller chest and so on. Thank you for the support and encouragement (*hug*).

5. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not sure how good my advice will be, but as a recently realized transguy, let me try.

I felt the same way throughout my childhood. Always talked about how I wanted to be a boy, how I didn't like being a girl. I'd pretend to be a boy and it felt normal to me, and it still took me 24 years to realize what I am.

I'll reiterate the points a few people already made. Experiment a little. Try on different clothes, figure out whether you like the way you look more as a boy or as a girl. Figure out which pronouns suit you; do you prefer being called a boy or a girl or something in between? But at the same time, don't be so quick to label yourself. You're only 15; you've still got a lot of time to figure it out. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps at least a little.