1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this sound like genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Aug 29, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been trying to figure out if I'm gender fluid or genderqueer or non-binary in general and I would like some input on some of my experiences.

-About two weeks ago, I felt extremely masculine and binded, and just really felt the need to be perceived as male. I had one day specifically where I spent twenty minutes digging through all my clothes to find something masculine, and using my dad's shampoo.

-Now, I feel kind of a meh-female, meaning that I'm not a huge fan of my boobs but it's not a huge deal. I feel a bit neutral, like being called "they" would be nice, but her is "ok".

-I've always fallen outside gender norms, I'm very bold when I want something and I wouldn't be afraid to ask someone out. Does this affect anything?

Advice is very appreciated.

#1 DreamerBoy17, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

It most definitely sounds like you're genderfluid. Based on what you've posted, your experiences/feelings correlate with the basic definition of genderfluid which is basically a person who's gender identity changes and could move in between masculinity, femininity, or no gender at all. So if you are happy with the identity genderfluid than go for it. :slight_smile:

I would like to add however that many identities can overlap and umbrella others. You can be both genderfluid and transgender because your gender identity/expression doesn't match up with your assigned sex. You can be genderfluid and genderqueer as well as non-binary because both terms are considered umbrella terms for those who fall outside of the gender binary. It all depends on what feels right to you and fits you the best since at the end of the day, this is your identity.

All the best!,
    -MvH.

#2 MindvsHeart, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015