1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School introductions :/

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexWantsPocky, Aug 29, 2015.

1. AlexWantsPocky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So im about to start my Sophomore year of highschool and even though not everyone will be new, i feel like i should introduce myself as alexander to everyone, it just will make me feel better. but im also scared because if my teachers meet my mom theyll call me alexander and my mom will start questioning me and ill get really bad panic attacks. so idk what i should do. any advice??

#1 AlexWantsPocky, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. Exoskeleton

I'm a little confused at to your situation here, could you clarify a bit?

You say "not everyone will be new." Does this mean that people at school already know you as Alexander? Does anybody currently know you as Alexander?

If you're worried about coming out fully at school and the impact that will have if your mom catches wind of it, might I suggest coming out to your mom first? It's possible for you to limit your out-ness to just school, but it will be difficult. You'll need to explain to your teachers and anybody else likely to come into contact with your mom that you aren't out to her. And if the penalty of failure to keep that secret is you having a panic attack, you have to figure out if you trust your teachers and classmates that much.

3. AlexWantsPocky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    only my friends know me as alexander. but they all moved. and if i come out to my mom. she'll kill me. ill never have any freedom anymore. she already took away almost all my freedom for being bisexual.

yea. i can try coming out to school and hopefully teachers will comply with keeping it a secret.