1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masculine Gays

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lastking, Aug 30, 2015.

1. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi,

I feel like a lonely masculine bisexual guy. I'm extremely attracted (sexually and romantically) to men with masculine features, I can't help it. I want a guy that is tough, protective, and dominant, and someone that can relate to myself: likes to play video games, likes to go to the gym, enjoys grabbing beer, watching horror flicks, and etc.

Every gay guy who I've met who claims to be "masculine", so far, has always turned out to be feminine in person. They identify as 100% masculinity but in person they have very feminine body language and personality, enjoy things like fashion, shopping, and etc. I have nothing against this but I feel like they are not being true to themselves. I believe there are gay men who are naturally masculine and gay men who are naturally feminine but pretend to be masculine in order to fit in and get other masculine gay guys. If you feel feminine inside you should embrace it, and be true to yourself. If you act masculine because you think you can impress another masculine guy, it's going to be obvious or it'll come out soon. It's all about honesty

Although a majority of masculine men are attracted to other masculine men, I am sure that there are some masculine gay men who are attracted to feminine gays.

Can anyone relate to this? How can I meet other masculine gay guys like myself?

#1 lastking, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree, It's probably hard to find masculine men who identify as gay. This is probably due to the common steryotype that gay guys have to be feminine. Not the case, but in my experience, is common. Maybe try looking for a masculine bisexual? You might have better luck there.

3. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the advice, I would like to meet other bisexual masculine men, however it is much harder to find bisexual men let alone to find other gay men.

4. eightisgreat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have nothing against feminine gays but I feel like my dream guy is someone protective and dominant also. Doesn't matter if he's all muscles or not.

Just someone who can like things I do. Just like you said.

But I'm really new to this community, never even looked for a gay date before, so idk if it's true that all gay man must be feminine

5. Foz

Foz Guest

It think the problem is your perception of what a masculine guy is, just because they like fashion and shopping doesn't make them feminine. I like working with my car and then racing it at the circuit (which is a rather 'masculine' thing to do), but because I like nice colourful clothes and styling my hair that makes me feminine?

I think you're using a 99 pence fishing net to try and land and long term BF, you have an image of someone in your head that just doesn't exist!

6. Gen

Gen

Dominant and protective is not synonymous with masculine.

Many people within society are guilty of romanticizing forms of masculinity that simply aren't natural. There is no amount of muscle or hormones that will cause a person to simply display "toughest". We can absolutely attempt to convince ourselves that there are people out in this world who only display masculinity characteristics without censoring themselves, but that is simply not realistic.

It is alright to want a partner with a certain build. It is already to want to be with someone who displays a certain degree of masculinity. We, however, should strive to be with partners who are much more free and complex than living up to the image of this manly, man's man who only has very specific hobbies and shows very idealized emotions. It is precisely those mindsets that account for the reason that men in society are far more likely to commit suicide, turn violent, or struggle with depression.

Try to approach people with a more open mind and consider potential partners outside of this idealized man that you have been dreaming of being with all these years.