1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for anyone trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BlueRazzberry, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    It hasnt been very long that I have learned im gay. Ive told my mom and plan on telling my bestfriend. Im having one issue though. When i talk about being gay, i dont have a problem with it, but it doesnt feel... right. I cant get myself to even say outloud that im trans, to myself, but Im loving the idea of being a girl and ive referred to myself as a girl in my head multiple times and even outloud sometimes. The term trans is getting me though. I have an idea of what i want to look like and i get jealous of other girls. Always have. I wont cut my hair and ive been buying girly clothes and makeup and everything else lately. I just dont feel like gay is a title that completely fits. Has anyone had this issue?

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I first accepted I was bi, but sorta knew that wasn't exactly the biggest part of my struggle. For a while, I thought I was genderfluid. Never really came out to anyone as that, later realized I spend much more time wishing I were born with a female body, and just sorta accepted I am trans. Had you asked me 5 or 6 years ago, around the time I accepted I am bi, I would have outright rejected the idea of being trans, even though there were many things I saw about myself that should have made me realize it.

3. WhisperinShadow

Hi,

I kinda know what you mean. I don't identify as a lesbian but I think about being a guy every day. I know how I would want to look like a guy and what my style would be. I wear men's clothes and think about cutting my hair and want to have muscles like a guy but I don't know if it would always be really happy like that....I also felt wrong when I met with a gay girl years ago. With a straight girl it was different. I also envy guys bodies and cried deep from my soul a few days ago when I saw a young guy with a great body on TV.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of had the same problem except I use to refer to myself as straight though it never fit exactly right. Always been attracted to men romantically and sometimes sexually, but I've always been uncomfortable talking and flirting with straight men. I want to be a friend to them, but I seemed only attracted to gay men.
    I never hated the fact that I was in a female role, but inhated my female body to an extreme. I would think about what it would be like to be male and have that body. I really wanted that, but since I didn't exactly feel like a boy I rejected the idea I was trans, and I worried that no guy would love me if I took my boobs off. And this was all during high school.
    I manage to repress a lot if things till a year ago. Then I thought I couldn't real be trans, I must just be gender fluid. Its only been the last month or so that I've finally cone to terms that I'm trans. I just spend so much of my time inaginging myself as a guy and wishing I was one.