1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed off, need advice or to punch something.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by juyon, Aug 31, 2015.

1. juyon

So, something happened today that left me feeling frustrated, insulted and quinda disapointed too.

I had chosen to start my first year in a new program by finally coming out to everyone about my gender identyty. I stayed for years in the closet for the whole sexuality thing and after coming out and realising i was worying for nothing all that time, i decided never to stay stuck in that closet again.

anyway, today i had a meeting with peoples from the school about my case. When i talked to them on the phone, they seemed really understanding, i thought the meeting was only to clarify a few points, after all, i only asked that my teach call me by my prefered name and that people use the right gender. I was so wrong.

First, they keep calling me by my birth name the whole time and gendering me incorrectly, then i was asked if i was seeing a psychologist and if i was taking hormones. Apparently, i'm not a trans yet if i haven't been taking T for more then 6 month, and the psy told me i was doing things in the wrong order, that as my transition wasn't done and my name changed legally, i had no right to come out, that i was a girl and couldn't LIE about it as 'it would be deranging/troubling for people'

I didn't know what to say.

In the end, they ended up forbidding me to ask my teatchers to use my prefered name 'after all, if the teatch isin''t there, the remplacement won't know and will call me by my girl name in class, confusing the students. it would be too much trouble'

They even told me i couldn't tell the other students, as i apparently am 'way too feminine looking'

what about the fact that when i hear my birth name, or is misgendered, it feel like an insult and can make my whole day miserable ? or about the fact that i was coming out as trans, and not cis male ? I was so shocked i only became angry after the meeting was over, way too late to defend my point of view...

anyway, what do you think about this, what should i do ? I CAN'T go two whole years as a girl, lying to everyone and prétending, i can't even do that one more week.

i really want to say f*ck this and go ask my teach anyway and come out to the whole class tomorrow like : 'hey, i'm trans so i'm male, please just call me Allen' and be done with it, but apparently, i don't have the right to.

#1 juyon, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What the hell? That's completely uncalled for. You need to get some higher administers on your side, you have every right to come out and be called the name and pronouns you choose. Confusing the other students? Seriously? It isn't hard to switch a few pronouns. I think this is just an excuse to be transphobic.

3. juyon

The thing is, the one that told me most of this was the director of the place, i don't think there's an higher administer i could talk to.

4. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dude, I'd say just do what you need to do to be able to feel comfortable. This is your life, and you are absolutely right. They have no right to tell you who you can and cannot tell about your personal life. I'm disgusted by what happened to you. This is the type of thing we are still fighting to be done with world-wide.

You wouldn't tell them who they can or can't tell that they're having a kid, or getting married or that they have a tumour or something like that. F*ck the idea that they have any say in this matter whatsoever, man.

If you feel comfortable. Do it. If something else sh*tty happens - you live in Canada, one of the most progressive countries that I, as an American, can think of - you just take a stand for what you know is right.

I'm so proud of you. Don't let them f*ck you over like this. Good luck, my friend, show them that we cannot be silenced just because "it would be too much trouble" to deal with people like us.

5. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    F*ck these people. Seriously. What the actual hell. You should go up to them like BITCH I BE WHO I BE
    Don't let them put a muzzle on you, even if you have to give someone rabies in the process. Good luck!

6. Posthuman666

You dont need to worry yourself with the uneducated pricks. You have EVERY right to be comfortable in your classroom and to tell them who you are. If theres not a higher up administrator, maybe you should seek some kind of help. Maybe if theres an LGBT+ center in your area, you could go and talk to them. Most schools don't have the right to discriminate based on gender.