1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans TV Programs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hawk, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been noticing my mom watching trans programs on TV (documentaries) more often, I feel that if I do tell her I'm trans now, she'll think I'm saying that just because I see it on TV.
    I know she'll be supportive, and maybe that's why she's watching these programs, to help me come out to her. Maybe she's trying to tell me in her own way that she's supportive of me (and knows, maybe?) and is just waiting for me to come out to her.

Maybe I'm just overthinking all this. :confused:

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well, it seems like a good sign, in any case. Before I came out to my parents, I got real supportive of the Qcommunity, and helped my parents become supporters like myself. Then they were more cool about it(and less surprised) when I did end up coming out. I would start off by letting your mom know that you support this sort of thing, if you haven't already.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understood this.
    I'm afraid that if I come out as trans to some of my family they will think I'm just jumping on a bandwagon, even though I haven't really watched any of those shows.