1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do i go from here? (Tranistion..?)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MaybeMyGender, Aug 31, 2015.

1. MaybeMyGender

As of right now all i have is afew pairs of womens jeans and a jacket. I haven't gotten to mess with much else, but i really like what i have. My hairs of decent length (Hoping to have passing feminine hair by the end of the year!)

Two of my three parents know and are ok with it. Afew friends know. I'm still not 100% on it. But a day doesnt go by where i wish i was a women. That alone should make it clear that i am, but I'm still not completely sure (i explained this abit better in a previous thread)
    I'm most likely trans but can't accept it to be completely honest.

I just don't know where to go from here. Do i let my hair grow first..? I'm just abit stumped as far as where to go from here.
    Any suggestions..? :icon_redf

2. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont have a lot of time to write and I don't know if i've replied to any of your posts before with this but I've got two things to say.
    1) be yourself. whether you are a woman, a man or something in between, I feel it is more important to accept yourself as yourself than accept yourself as transgender. Allowing yourself to be just that means you don't have to fit into this or that box with how you act and dress and all that. Also, it means you are able to change if that ever comes up.

2)You asked where to go now and the title implies a medical transition. I'd say wait. I know from your other posts that you only discovered yourself not too long ago. A medical transition is no laughing matter, it has very serious consequences (not necessarily bad but they are there) and jumping into it without seriously thinking can cause major problems down the road if your feelings change. And guess what you are human, your feelings will change. Now, rather than what i wouldn't recommend doing, I would strongly recommend seeing a therapist. unfortunately, that's not quite as easy as I would hope. the ratio of good therapists is sadly low so I would try several (perhaps 6-8 or until you find one that fits well). Most therapists offer the first session free so you can get a feel for them and find one that you think fits your personality and way of thinking. Once you do, be patient. In my experience, it takes at least four to six sessions to get to know each other and start seeing any results.

Also, if you can i would recommend being able to live as a woman before
    you transition. If you cant do that (and I don't necessarily even mean passing as a woman, just being confidant enough to be yourself all the time), transitioning likely wont help even close to as much as you might expect.

I dont mean to get you down with this or anything, but permanent medical changes are a thing to be cautions and serious about. I Hope this can help you at least a little, and if you ever need to talk or have any other questions you want to ask in semi-privacy, feel free to post on my wall :slight_smile: best of luck to you.

3. MaybeMyGender

I didn't mean medical, sorry. I meant transition as in cloths, voice, makeup and things of that nature.

As far as feelings changing really goes, I'm pretty sure i am trans. I did this with my sexuality it's just a process of accepting it and really finding out what I'm gonna do about these feelings, ya know?

#3 MaybeMyGender, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  4. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fair enough. I'm quite a cautious person and so my mind often jumps to "dangerous" prospects that may or may not be likely. silly brain. I'm glad thats what you meant though, it means you were already doing what I just advised you to do :slight_smile: and that is a fantastic thing. And about the changing feelings go I totally get it. Again, im just really cautious.