1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back To School?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by isthatleo, Sep 1, 2015.

1. isthatleo

Out Status:
    Some people
    :help::help::help::help::help:

So I'm going back to school tomorrow. This summer I've come to the realisation I'm transgender. I'm now scared, if not terrified, of having to stay in the closet for at least another 2 years.

So. does anyone have any advice on surviving? Coming out to my school isn't an option because I've been bullied before for being bisexual and I dont' want it happening again with this.

Also, does anyone know if I can talk to someone about possibly dropping out of P.E? (physical education). I'm moving into year 10 and in P.E we get split up into gendered classes. It's only 1 lesson a week but I would feel so much better if I could manage to drop out of it; it would also give me a lot less anxiety.

Thank you to whoever can help me! (&&&)

#1 isthatleo, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    can your family doctor write you a note saying that you are excused for medical reasons. the actual reasons are none of the schools business but there will be questions, just say its personal and leave it at that.

hope this helps.

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depending on where you are and how supportive it is, maybe you should talk to your school counsellor. They're the ones who are usually in charge of a schedule and you can drop out of a class if they let you. Is your area LGBT friendly?

4. isthatleo

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well my area isn't one of the most LGBT friendly places. It's mostly ignorance. Luckily though I have a peer mentor who's a lesbian. Should I ask her for advice? I haven't directly asked her yet.

I was also thinking of asking my school nurse for plans on transitioning. Should I do this or go straight to my GP?

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2015 at 08:54 PM ----------

If that requires parental consent then sadly no. My mum doesn't agree to me dropping out of P.E. Since I've come out to her she hasn't really understood. I hope this will change over time.

5. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you have a lesbian peer mentor, she will most likely be supportive. I think it's a great place to start. Good luck~

6. isthatleo

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you

7. FootballFan101

I know how you feel same boat different transistion