1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender fluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nightdream, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been talking about my sexual orientation and gender expression related stuff with some people that appear to understand something about LGBT related stuff(some of them even were part of the community), but they'd come up asking me about my dressing prefference or if I wished I could be a boy, then they'd tell me I sounded like a gender fluid person. I already looked for it's definition, but it just doesn't fit me very well. Am I misunderstanding something or are they labeling me wrong? It says that a gender fluid person changes their gender over time and I just don't relate to that at all, so I decided to make a few questions for the people that self identify as gender fluid: How does it affect the perception of yourself, the way you dress and act towards other people? What's your opinion on gender roles? How romantic relationships works for you? And why did you choose that label for yourself?

Okay, that's all for now.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm not genderfluid but I just wanted to say that if you don't think the label fits, then I would just ignore it. No one else can know your label better than you.

3. UniqueJourney

I don't know much about the "genderfluid" label itself. But I know that I sometimes want to dress more feminine and sometimes more masculine. I have not found a comfort level with extremes in either direction, but it is something I would like to explore more fully.

I don't believe much in labels. We're all unique individuals. Human beings don't fit into nice neat little boxes. Just be you. Love you. And don't feel the need to "fit" into anyone else's idea of what you should be.

4. Jay Quest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure if I'm genderfluid myself, but sometimes I feel like a girl, and sometimes a boy, and sometimes neither. If you're genderfluid, your gender fluctuates. It changes a lot. If you're not genderfluid, then there's another label for you. If I'm having a 'girl day' I tend to dress more feminine, and the opposite for a 'Boy day'. I'm still discovering myself, so it hasn't really affected my relationships, and I haven't had that many anyway (only one or two). Just keep looking and trying to find what fits you.

5. SkylarBlur

Something that you might want to keep in mind while you are figuring this out: Feelings first, labels later.

As someone that has worked so hard to find where they fit, I know my labels mean quite a lot to me. But when it's causing more greif then good, perhaps it's best to step back. Live and dress/act/be how ever you feel it is best for you. And find the name for what ever that is later. If someone asks how you identify, just tell em you identify as awesome. And thats all that matters.