1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a confused girl or effeminate Man

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AngelinBlack, Sep 5, 2015.

1. AngelinBlack

Over the past year I've gone from thinking I'm genderfluid to demiboy to just trans. I like dresses and make up and stuff like that but I don't feel like a girl my actions don't reflect a female, I look in the mirror and I sometimes see a boy.

My concern is I'm just making this up and I just want attention, I don't think this is true but it's always at the back of mind, it's beginning to make me feel really depressed. I want to know and I know time will tell but I think I am.

I want a prom dress but I don't want to be a girl, I want to look feminine but not as a girl. It's got worse since I cut my hair short I broke down into tears when taking a bath, I could just be hormonal. My Best Friend is no help she wants me to accept the negative feelings but how do I do that when my body is wrong?

What I'm asking is can anyone give me any pointers at all?

2. levi2000

Your clothes/appearance/interests/etc. don't invalidate your gender. If you feel like a boy, then you are a boy! Men can wear dresses if that's how they want to dress. This isn't uncommon; you're not alone!

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel like a boy then you are a boy, how you dress or what you like doesn't matter.
    There are drag queens who identify as male but like dressing in dresses.
    Fashion doesn't haven't a gender.

Hmmm, pointers...experiment with pronouns and clothing, short hair and such. Talk to a gender therapist or a trans friendly therapist. Remember to be you and take things day by day. It is a confusing mess that will take time to figure out. In the end you can decide who you are.

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you really want to find an answer, just keeo this in mind: men can be effeminate, dress like women, enjoy feminine things, love arts, be gay and sensitive. What you must analise is not how masculine/feminine you are, it's how comfortable you feel being treared the same way any man would be.

5. SkylarBlur

It's strange seeing this post, feels like you've taken the words right out of my mouth.
    But I think the other comments are right, clothing doesn't have a gender, it's got a style and fit, but no gender. We just have it stuck in our minds that these colours or types of clothes mark us as one gender or another.

Something I saw a while ago that I try my hardest to keep in mind during all these confusing disphoric waves. Feelings first, labels later.

6. AlexTheGrey

I'll add here that while men can be these things, it isn't any guarantee that it is socially accepted. Which is a source of your confusion and pain, OP. I know from experience how that plays out, and there's definitely pressure to conform to the idea of being an "alpha male". So I know at least a little of what you are facing trying to figure yourself out.