1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something I've thought about my whole life but never had the nerve to ask, and now that I identify as trans I feel the question will invalidate me somehow………

But

What do guys talk about when they text each other, or drink beer together, or just hang out?

For me I when I text a friend I usually say I'm bores and we end up talking about stupid random shit to pass the time. My other friend text me to tell me about her teaching aid job is going and then we talk about anime, or she brings up her next cosplay idea and how she wants me to cosplay with her. I have another friend were we pretty much plan out a book we are working on and sometimes talk about how school is going for her, her brother, me bitching about my ass of a brother. Yes, all my friends are girls.

When I talk to boys like my brothers or cousins its pretty much dick jokes, fart jokes, burping competitions, card games, watching rooster teeth bids, watching YouTube gamers, anime, Netflix, playing games, debating political views, talking science and myths, and such thinks. Sometimes emotions come up, my brothers do talk to me about the girls they like.
    One of my brothers, his girlfriend, and I also talk about going to the gym and taking up MMA or boxing.

Guess I'm wondering if guys do talk about things like love and such, not just about sex.

2. Exoskeleton

From my experience (and you'll need to take every bit of this with buckets and buckets of salt), guys don't talk about "emotional" topics until they get to know each other better, and then generally in one-on-one settings or small groups.

That said, before I transitioned I worried tons about not being able to socialize with other dudes in the "right" way because I felt like I lacked experience with interacting with guys as an insider instead of an outsider. Frankly, that worry turned out to be totally misplaced. You'll talk about things with your friends and associates that you end up talking about. It'll be different between all of them because people are individuals. Furthermore, if there are things you want to talk about just talk about them! If the people you are around don't want to hear them, move on to other people. The point is always to be yourself, right? No matter what other people think or say.

If the other dudes around you posture like they're emotionless sex robots and you don't want to... don't. I'd be wary of trying too hard to emulate other guys.

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes they do, I have a lot of guy friends and trust me, some of them won't shut up about their emotional baggage! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: in fact I think talks about "sex" and "hot girls/guys" almost never comes up. Friends just talk, I mean yeah it's not like every guy I know is completely emotionally open, but neither is every girl I know. (In fact I've talked to a lot of cis girls who only talked about hotties and sex) also worth noting is toilet humor ver rarely comes up around me because my friends know I hate it, and a lot of them don't care for it either... Dick jokes are inevitable from both genders in my experience but they usually have different context based on sexual orientation and are mostly just puns, and I abide puns. ;P

I guess my point is that there's no typical way for anyone to act, it's all a person to person thing. Don't believe gender stereotypes, everyone is different~ :slight_smile: