1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't like when people call me a "girl"?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ScaryClosets, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's weird, because when someone says that I'm a "girl", I yell at them and tell them I'm not a girl and that I'm a boy. It just slips out sometimes. Also, yesterday a girl said that I looked like this guy's sister and then she corrected that she didn't mean to say that I looked like guy and I immediately felt great that I was being mistaken as a guy. So I almost interrupted her by saying "oh, I don't mind". What is this? ​

2. InfinityonHigh

I suggest you look more into gender identity as from what you described I do think that you might be trans. How I figured out my identity was basically by spamming the Google search bar with questions like "am I transgender?" and trans related questions.

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I hate it too when people label me as "boy". I feel really dysphoric and uncomfortable about it.

Well, there's not much we can do about it. Apart from transitioning to the gender we like, which in my case does not exist.

Yeah, I definitely think you should look up for some transgender material on the internet. Maybe that stuff will help you in some sort of way. Even though I suspect you feel comfortable with your own body. It's just the label that bothers you, isn't it?

#3 andimon, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  4. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well today actually helped me a bit. You see, I went to the mall with my friends and I have a Male(trans*) friend. He said that what helped him was a friend who was also trans. So, it kind of helped me a lot. Though, I couldn't help but feel very left out and jealous that my friend could look better than me in guy clothes. I want to so badly to be able to wear guy clothes, but they just don't fit me. My friend looked so handsome in them that it just wasn't fair. I felt very guy-ish today and it was amazing. My friend asked me what pronouns I liked best and I told him "He/Him". It felt amazing to feel like a guy. I want to look and act like a guy like This or like This. I have a feminine body, not a male body. It's just...not fair. *Sigh*

5. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't like being called a girl either. I usually call myself a boy, but I wouldn't want to use he/him pronouns. So I don't really know what to make of it