1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explaining to people

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DarkWolf, Sep 6, 2015.

1. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's been a long time since I posted here. Anyway...
    Long while ago (maybe several months ago) I kind of changed my name and pronouns on fb but I never really explained anything because I have been way to nervous to do so. But I don't feel like people get my situation at all and feel like I kind of just left people in a loop because I am afraid to explain.
    I don't know if I should do a sort of more official 'coming out' (though it's not really coming out) to explain to people my situation so they know what to call me? And if so any advice? Thanks.

2. confusedperson2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Maybe it's time to tell people. Some people you may want to tell in person and maybe you might just want to put a post on Facebook explaining the situation to everyone. It's all about you and how you want to do this and the best way that feels comfortable to you. I would look at the coming out forum and see if that can help with some ideas at all...good luck to you and keep us posted! :slight_smile:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that the first thing that you need to figure out is the way that you would feel most comfortable explaining to people your new name and pronouns. You could tell them in person, or you could do it via facebook (or other form of text communication). Both options have their pros and cons. You just have to do what feels most comfortable for you.