1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally, some good news

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MetalRice, Sep 7, 2015.

1. MetalRice

So, if anyone has read my threads, they know my situation, if not, I'll keep it short and say that I have been having a rough time with my mom recently, as a result of her reluctance to accept me after my coming out; while I can report that I finally had a productive talk with her.

It started when I ended up getting called into my mother's office to talk (around 1:46 AM). Apparently, my sister had while I wasn't paying attention began grilling my mother over her recent behavior and her lack of support for me, and my mother then apparently told both my brother (who was there as well) and my sister that they should and needed to support me in everything, and then she called me in to tell me this. This began a bit of a talk, and during it, my mother said that she wants them to support me, and that she is trying her hardest to do the same herself, but that it's hard for her because of fact she feels like she's burying a child (inane logic again, but she was being super nice; so I shrugged it off); and told me that she just needed time to deal with this.

She remarked to me that she has been trying through, especially in regards to learning about stuff and reading stories about transgender people in the news and coming to me about them to ask my opinion. We both agreed that we were a work in progress through, and that'd we continue trying.

So all in all, it seems things are finally looking up for me.

2. FootballFan101

Congrats, your sister seems to be an awesome person

3. Jellal

It's good that she's willing to talk. Just remember, this work-in-progress phase can take quite some time on your mom's side. Don't hold your breath.

4. MetalRice

Of course, but the fact that she is willing to talk is hopeful, and lets me know that we can slowly but surely work this out.