1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just wanna break gender roles

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by XxSunXDragonxX, Sep 7, 2015.

1. XxSunXDragonxX

For a few months, I shifted around on different gender labels, but none of them really fit me entirely. I've finally just settled on being female. I've lived my whole life being female, although I did not follow gender stereotypes/roles. I always wanted to break free and do what I wanted.

I'm just gonna say I'm female to make things easy. I don't have any gender dysphoria, and I don't really care if someone refers to me as "she" because I'm used to it. I'm just gonna do what I wanna do. I'm gonna shop at both girls and boys sections. If I feel like shaving my face like a guy for no reason someday, I'm gonna do it.

On the rare occasion that I shave my legs (which is highly unlikely) I'm gonna do it. If I wanna wear a dress and rock a mohawk, okay! I'm just gonna be myself. I wanna try different things. I'm not gonna allow myself to be pushed into a box.

I just wanted to get this off my chest because it has been heavy on my mind. Thanks for reading! :thumbsup:

2. FootballFan101

As Oscar Wilde once said "be youself, everyone else is already taken"

3. XxSunXDragonxX

I actually have a black button that says that. Maybe I'll start wearing it now. :lol:

4. Formality

I know the feeling. I like being male and I like my body. I really just hate gender roles and stereotypes. Like, just because I was born with a dick I should have to act a certain way, dress a certain way and be a certain way. Fuck that. I am so tired of being suppressed. Sometimes I want to do something a certain way or wear something that doesn't entirely accord to my gender, but then I have this thought process like "how will this be perceived by others?" and "will people look at me weirdly?". It's exhausting, sometimes I'll just break down and go into this "melancholy mode" cus I feel so bottled up with my emotions as a result of not being able to express myself the way I want to.

I try to be brave enough to face all the BS, but sometimes it gets so tiresome that after a while I just crack under the pressure.

I get so jealous when I see someone who just doesn't give a shit, cus I wish I had the guts to be that way myself.

#4 Formality, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  5. XxSunXDragonxX

It takes time, especially in the world we live in right now. I got pretty bad anxiety, but I'm trying to not let that get in the way of my identity. Don't give up! :slight_smile:

#5 XxSunXDragonxX, Sep 7, 2015
  6. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Formality- I always get envious/jealous of the people that I feel are living to their fullest, or true selves cause I've never felt comfortable in my skin, I guess.

I'm learning tho, and labels suck, but in a way they kind of have helped realize its okay to be different.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yeah, I hear y'all, even though I'm trans and have dyphoria. Gender stereotypes- and roles need to go onto the garbage pile of history. They're useless and damaging to people's well-being.

@Formality: As part of Värmland Pride, they are educating kids here about gender roles. Such progressive values would have been considered radical or wrong 10 or 20 years ago. There's hope! We're making progress. It'll be better. (assuming Europe doesn't fall to fascism)

8. XxSunXDragonxX

That's awesome! Just another reason to love Sweden. :icon_wink

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2015 at 08:43 PM ----------

Keep making progress my friend! (*hug*)

9. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm with you being yourself but don't overdo it.

10. XxSunXDragonxX

What is there to overdo? If I don't get in the way of other people's lives or make a scene, then I don't think that's possible. :lol:

It's my life. I shall do what I want with it. I encourage you to do the same. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

#10 XxSunXDragonxX, Sep 7, 2015
  11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    ^Yep, there is no too much - only truth, and love.

<3