1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Dysphoria or Obessive thinking

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by westy94, Sep 7, 2015.

1. westy94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since September of last year )Im biologically male and turning 21 this year btw=, I had these really obsessive thoughts about whether or not I was trans and needed to transition. These thoughts were incredibly persistent and relentless. Even when I was at the point of complete mental exhaustion, I still couldn{t stop thinking about it. Then, the following month, after pouring through transgender forums like this one, I read stories of trans people developing worse dysphoria and hating their bodies. I soon started fixating on body dysphoria and hoped I wouldnt form such dysphoria. Eventually though, I began to feel this tense, uncomfortable feeling over my male parts that I would call a mixture of deep anxiety. This progressively began to get worse but since January, its been at a steady rate, not getting worse. Because of this however, I began to have these prolonged periods of deep sadness and anxiety. I even still have some suicidal feelings, but I don{t believe I{m in danger of harming myself. I still obsessively worry over other things that bother me, and when my attention shifts over to another obesssion, I don{t feel any body dysphoria whatsoever.

When I was in these stressful [dysphoric[ episodes, I fixated over transitioning, not necessarily because I wanted to be female, but because I just wanted to free myself from the negative feelings. But when I{m in a calm and banalnced state of mind, I feel as though I{m somewhat genderqueer. Emotionally, I don{t really have a dislike for my body or even being called [man, dude, or sir[, However, I do sort of picture myself as a female character a lot and sometimes like to apply eyeliner and mascara as sort of a coping mechanism, and even then, it{s something that I don{t feel like I have to do on a regular basis. I do like the way I look though.

I have been receiving treatment for this, though. Three doctors I have seen believe it{s OCD, and I was prescribed 20mg of Prozac, but it didn{t have any noticable changes.

Nevertheless, I still to this day experience the tension over my male parts and its really a PITA and find myself getting sad and unhappy a lot because of it. I should also probably mention that before this, I didnñt have any form of dissatisfaction or unhappiness with my gender until the last year )when I was 20=

What do you think_

#1 westy94, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015