1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to signify which gender I am to friends?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StaticDragon, Sep 8, 2015.

1. StaticDragon

So, recently I realized I was genderfluid and came out to my friends. However, there's a lot of confusion as to which gender I am in certain periods of time, because my friend might think I'm a guy and my other friend might think I'm a girl. My clothes are practically unisex, and there's not a lot of difference between my guy/girl/agender 'modes'. I'm fine with using him/her/them pronouns, but I'd prefer that they match with what gender I am ATM, and it's confusing if I keep on telling them which gender I am. Help?

2. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe get a bracelet or necklace with the pronouns you'd prefer on it? Not sure of where to get those though..

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think telling them is the best, tbh. I have a good friend. They're really great.

When they are walking in with a dress, heels and makeup, you can guess they are a she that day, but they can still say it or maybe we ask or so. Most of the time we use them (or, well, the Swedish equivalent), as the standard. Then they can say "I'm a she today", and we say that.
    Same thing with if they wear male clothing and act more male, they will say that maybe or so, and we use he as a pronoun.

Asking your friends to use they as a standard pronoun can be good.

#3 Invidia, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015