1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MtF Facial hair

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jewell, Sep 8, 2015.

1. jewell

I have been looking into hair removal I know that professional sessions are best but I was wondering if anyone has had luck with home-based things like no-nos, silk'n flash, or creams?

It does not have to be permanent but of course can not be razors or waxes.

:eusa_naug Please only post about things that have worked for you. If only professional sessions work the empty thread will be enough.

:eusa_danc Thank you! :eusa_danc

2. Just Jess

Bronzer underneath foundation. Still wear foundation like normal and be mindful of how the shades will mix. But this was life changing for me.

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2015 at 04:27 PM ----------

As far as home based laser hair removal. Most lasers are crap. No-nos are definitely crap. Anything that says "IPL" is crap. Infrared works, intense light doesn't. ELOS devices, which uses IR in addition to IPL, are okay. If you have tan or dark skin, ELOS is the way to go. I bought an ELOS when I was dating a transitioner with darker skin and it still works great for me, I just use a higher intensity. Anything over 680 nm is NOT laser. You want as much intensity as possible, I think Remington has one that approaches salon quality, and the Tria 4X is up there too.

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2015 at 04:32 PM ----------

Waxing.

Doesn't work for your face. Literally you have to let yourself grow a full beard again. Which let's be honest are you going to do that? 'Cause I sure as hell am not. Really, I tried, I let it grow for a whole week, the hairs just do not stick.

I did once tweeze my whole mustache. It took hours but I did it. It took about 2 weeks to grow back. It looked marginally better than shaving, but within a week little dark under the skin hairs grew in and made it look exactly like at the end of the day when I did shave.

Waxing is TERRIFIC for eyebrows. And awesome for arms and legs. But unfortunately not the lips or chin where you and I need it most.

#2 Just Jess, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015