1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Can I Save My Crossdressing Photos?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all,

My cross dressing photos are really special to me. I may not always have the chance to dress as a girl- in fact, rarely do I. However, whenever I look at my old photos, they're really special to me and cheer me up if I'm in a gender dysphoria phase :slight_smile:. I really do make a super beautiful looking girl, which isn't easy for every guy to necessarily say.

Since these photos have special significance to me, I'm wondering where I can store them? Right now, I have them saved on my laptop, but I want to find a way to back them up without anybody seeing them? The last thing I would ever want is for these pictures to be leaked out to the public.

Please let me know, everyone! :slight_smile:.

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you can have an external hard drive/USB where you can store them? One that's not connected to the cloud or anything like that. A simple external thing that you can't access unless it's plugged into the computer. One that you don't bring out of your home, and can keep in a safe hidden place at home that no one can easily see or find (eg behind some books in a bookshelf or something). Copy the photos into the hard drive or USB and delete any copies you have off your laptop/smart phone/any device that someone might access.

There is no guarantee that this is a foolproof plan, but it is an option to consider and it can work better than keeping them on your laptop. Good luck.

#2 Alder, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  3. PossumJack

Like what Makenzie said, the best way is probably to buy an external hard drive to store them on. This way they'll be kept offline so it's highly unlikely that anyone will be able to hack into them. It's definitely safer than storing them on a laptop or phone since those devices are constantly connected to a network.

#3 PossumJack, Sep 9, 2015
  4. RainDreamer

A hardened encrypted USB drive. Like one of these if you have the money: IronKey? Basic | Encrypted Flash Drive | IronKey

If you rather have cheaper software solution, well, check these out: The top 24 free tools for data encryption

But yeah, keep them in a separate location, not because people will hack to your stuff (why? no money to be made there) but it just add another step for random people who might touch your stuff to go through and might deter them. Unless you give them a really big reason for them to be determined enough to crack through your stuff, usually people will give up poking your stuff by the 3-4th step because it is not satisfying their curiosity. I mean, it is one thing if they can just open your computer and see things there, it is another to just rummaging around your bunch of USB and find the one that has your sensitive data, which require more commitment. Then try to crack the encryption you have on it and layers of other security you might do like steganography? Way too much work. Unless you are hiding stuff that might endanger national security or can be used to make a lot of money, no one will bother.

#4 RainDreamer, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm more concerned about losing the data on my laptop then I am about hackers into my laptop (which is probably a more unrealistic fear).

I'd get the USB, but I fear people would be able to find the USB. It's a conundrum...

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With that being the case, what about Google Drive? 15GB is free, 100GB is $2/mo. I've got all kinds of stuff (videos, pictures, documents) on my work account, and still have plenty of space

7. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are physical photos an option? If you had them as physical copies, you could lock them up in a safe (you can even get ones disguised as books or other things) and they wouldn't get lost or hacked, and no-one else could see them. Just a thought... :slight_smile:

8. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I was going to say on the bottom of your bed, under the box spring mattress, but then I realized we are in the age of technology.

9. ParrotBrat

Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom backs up all our family photos on hard drives and has like three of them in separate locations, since she's paranoid about them being destroyed.

Until I read about you not wanting to risk having them found, I was going to suggest you create a secret email where you can send your pictures and have them stored on the email server, but I don't know enough about email security to say if it's a safe plan or not.

Besides that, I would suggest, like the others, putting them on an external drive. If you really want to hide them, you might put them in a safety deposit box at a bank or something. I don't know enough about your situation to know if that's overkill or not, but it would certainly be safe!

You might put them on several external drives and keep them in separate locations like my mother, but you'd have to make sure they're safe locations. You could also add passwords to the files, so if someone did find them, they wouldn't be able to open the files right away, and if you don't have any computer geek friends or family, that might be all you need.

10. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Print them and lock them in something

11. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seconding Google Drive. It's pretty useful! If you want to use a USB key, there are ones that are "hidden" in different objects like jewellery, cuff links, toys, stuff like that if you want to take it up a notch =)

12. Thessa Blossom

I would suggest to store it in different cloud drive solution encrypted with:
    https://www.boxcryptor.com/en

If you have the option to operate your own NAS solution (e.g. QNAP, Synology,...) us this in combination with cloud solutions.
    https://www.qnap.com/solution/cloud_backup/en/

I have to store tax stuff for my company for up to seven years, so I have two NAS on different location replicating the data between them and also upload it encrypted to https://aws.amazon.com/s3/

There are plenty solutions to store information securely. From free to investing a few hundreds.

#12 Thessa Blossom, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  13. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I were in your situation I would do a little of both. Get a USB and then password protect your files. I use 7-Zip because it's free and it's easy and a very common program for opening zipped folders.

Once you have it installed, right click and choose "Z-zip" then "Add to archive" and a pop up will ask you a bunch of details about how you want it zipped, you don't really have to touch any of it though. Just enter a password on that screen and it will make a .zip or a .7z (whichever you choose) and when you try to open the zipped folder it will prompt for a password. And you can name the file(s) anything you like. Just make sure you name the files before you make it into a zip otherwise it will lock that way.

I'll even attach a sample file to this post. (I think it'll let me attach one, right?) Try to open it. The password is "closets" but put a wrong password first to see for yourself.

It's the easiest way I have found to protect files from chance encounters.

Attached Files:

14. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I say just a regular USB memory stick, the most boring, normal one you can find, and leave it in your drawer with all your other computer stuff. You'd be surprised how much more effective "hiding in plain sight" can be. Nobody cares about a boring old memory stick, but a secret box hidden in among a complex series of mazes and locks attracts far more attention.