1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happier doing things after accepting I'm a trans boy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eli Revol, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Eli Revol

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is this a feeling most of you trans folks get?? Like, after finally knowing who you are?

I feel like whenever I listen to music, I am actually genuinely enjoying it now.
    Or when I'm just standing in my punk af decorated room and think about the fact that this is a boy's room (me) I'm like, yep, this is how it is all suppose to be right now.

I guess this is just happiness and finally feeling connected to everything I ever had plus my surroundings? Can any of you relate? Or am I kinda crazy?

---------- Post added 9th Sep 2015 at 08:16 PM ----------

I forgot to add that I just wanted to know what negative feelings went away as well? I just feel like I'm still doubting myself despite of all these good feelings and anxiety going away. I'm still in complete shock, is this normal? I am so afraid.

2. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely got a bit happier once the denial stopped; there's nothing wrong with it so why should I try to be someone I'm not? I can't fully enjoy everything in my life because of dysphoria but I at least know why I wasn't satisfied with things before. Basically I had that annoying feeling that something was out of place but I couldn't figure it out. When I read about butch lesbians I jumped on the idea at the mention of typically masculine expression and identified as that for a short while but still wasn't happy.

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, actually, it does feel like that sometimes. When I'm just hanging out in my room (which has always looked like a "boy's room" even when I didn't know I was trans) or doing other things as a guy... yeah, it's a good feeling.

As to what negative feelings went away, not feeling like a strange "girl" and being able to feel like a normal guy definitely makes life more tolerable.

4. Acuba403

I found when I accepted it to myself I was genuinely happy alone with who I am and I'm happier; sense I'm not out of the closet yet I have to put on an 'act' a pretend who society wants me to be and I find that I'm a lot more pessimistic and in more of a depressed state. So yes I do the feeling you are talking about.

5. InfinityonHigh

I can definitely relate to this feeling. Before I knew I was trans I felt extremely hopeless about my life because I simply couldn't live on "like this". After discovering and accepting the fact that i'm trans, I feel like I lost this huge barrier to being hopeful about my future; i wasn't trying to look through a huge brick wall anymore.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate. I feel happier since accepting, but anxious because I'm not completely out yet