1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Day Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Chairman2012, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Chairman2012

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's my first year of high school and I have picture day tomorrow. I honestly would care less, except my mom is pressuring me to wear feminine clothes. She says she doesn't like a certain shirt that I have set aside for the occasion, but I know it's her subtle way of telling me that she doesn't want me wearing male clothes.

It pains me to even think about going in public dressed as a female (sorry if I'm offending anyone with my word choice). Should I do what makes me happy or obey her? She'll be so mad but I wouldn't be able to handle the dysphoria of walking around in the wrong clothes all day.

Please help. I really just need another perspective right now.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That's a tough one. Have you talked to your mom about being trans?
    I think you should do what you want personally. It's understandable though that you don't want your mom to find out and be mad. Perhaps you could sit down with her and say "look mom, I would really be a lot more comfortable in this outfit." but I don't know what your relationship is with her and how she'd respond to that.

Perhaps you could wear something more neutral if you don't want her to be as mad, like a polo shirt or a button-down or a t shirt of some sort? Sorry I don't know if this helps at all. But you're mom is going to have to come to terms with all this eventually because it's just you being you.

3. Chairman2012

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for the advice! I'm just going to go with what you said and explain to her how much more comfortable I would be.

4. Chairman2012

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey thanks again for the advice (I couldn't respond on my wall because I don't have enough posts whoops). It went really well, and my worry was all in my head. Sorry for not responding sooner and thanks again (again) for the help.