1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, here's what I've found out.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Momosboy, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Momosboy

As some of you know, I'm a Christian. As such, I've been reading my Bible trying to prove God doesn't hate trans people for transitioning. You know what I found?

Nothing.

No condemnation, damnation, hate, nothing. I was, needless to say, confused. I read that the Pope hated my people, so I assumed it was in the Bible. Nope. Let me break it down for you.

1. Sodom and Gomorrah

This is one of those things that EVERYONE wants to put against us, mostly because of a word that occurred CENTURIES after it happened. The word, btw, is sodomy. But, here's the thing. According to God, in the Book of Ezekiel, chapter 16, Sodom's sin wasn't being gay. It was arrogance and being spoiled, idol worshiping, and many other things, but I couldn't find a single thing that said they were all gay. And you know what? God said in the same chapter that Jerusalem in its sin was even WORSE than Sodom and Gomorrah!

2. "Knit me in my mother's womb."

As the Psalmist said, God knit us in our mother's wombs. All right, that's all well and good, but what does this have to do with trans? Simple. God did indeed knit us. This is evident. But here's the thing.

I have long believed that Satan has been working secretly against God (and sometimes outrightly) and messing things up. This isn't just a theory. This is Biblical, even going back to the Garden of Eden with the Fall. I believe with all my heart that I was intended to be born a girl. However, the forces of evil clearly intervened. They must have, somehow, introduced the Y-chromosome into me. But the soul was untouched. I was born a girl in my soul, which was unmarred, thankfully.

3. NATURAL trans people

This isn't in the Bible, but it's something I noticed in a book. Apparently, there is an actual condition that can make women unable to have certain female attributes (pregnant, periods, etc.). In addition, there is ANOTHER condition that makes a woman look like a man. I don't know if this means they have a penis, but if so, this means that #2 is right.

So, that's what I've found out. What do you think? Let me know!

Emma Juliet

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All the proof that is ever needed is the logical understanding that there is nothing wrong about being trans and as such why would god object... sometimes just reflecting on what is right or wrong and deciding for yourself is the right course of action. The bible is such a long book and has such a large amount of ambiguous passages that you can pretty much infere anything from it. For example, god created eve out of adam's rib meaning that by being trans we are following the scripture and changing the body of a man into that of a woman. This is symbolic of the connection that men have with women and we are simply following god's example. That's taken from the first page of the bible...:slight_smile:

3. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow. Freaking wow. Um, can I like, post this quote on Facebook? You're a true genius.

I'm serious though. I won't list any names when quoting, or this site. I swear. I would swear on the bible if I had one nearby.

Do I have permission?

4. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sure. (*hug*)

5. Momosboy

yes. You have as much permission as possible.

6. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeeessh! Thanks so much, I hope this will make an impact!

aaaannnd posted! :grin:

#6 Linus, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  7. InfinityonHigh

There's more than that:

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." -Galatians 3:28

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it." -Matthew 19:1

The churches that hate trans people today are the ones that also supported slavery, opposed woman's rights, opposed interracial marriage etc. Just read the Wikipedia of the events and you'll find out. Time is on our side. 100 years later people will all be like "How could they possibly say that?!" about how they treated LGBT folks.
    (Please don't post this somewhere else though)

8. Momosboy

Huh. I guess I forgot about those. What about Paul's other statements regarding our kind, like the "Men lying with men" thing? I'm worried I'm gonna kill myself spiritually by continuing this path.

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2015 at 02:03 PM ----------

Oh, and thank you all for your encouragement. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Emma Juliet H.

9. FootballFan101

So does that mean hormones ard just making it right in Gods eyes? AWESOME

#9 FootballFan101, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  10. Momosboy

I would assume so, but bear in mind that back then, they didn't have HRT, so I'm not entirely certain.

11. InfinityonHigh

God is bigger than time. God knows about every piece of new technology there would be.
    However, I personally don't believe that being trans is the work of Satan. I believe that God intended me to take this journey as a way to make me stronger. I know that because I'm trans, I don't just believe, I know for certain that we are more than our physical bodies.

12. FootballFan101

I used this to shutup a transphobe on youtube dont worry didnt link ner to the site bjt copy and pasted if thats ok

#12 FootballFan101, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  13. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I had known this to be able to use it to shut up a transphobe on youtube.
    They shut up now, but only because they finally recognized they were in a losing battle.

#13 Zoe Izumi, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  14. Momosboy

Huh. I never thought of it that way. Thanks for your post