1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much change in so little time

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SanKen, Sep 12, 2015.

1. SanKen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been about four months since I've been on here, and I've been thinking a lot. I've been thinking about what I'm feeling gender-wise. I'm still trying to figure things out, but I know I don't feel like a girl. To tell someone I'm a woman or any variance of that makes me feel like i'm lying to them. Then if I were to say I'm a guy, it feels better, but I still feel like I'm lying. I can say it to myself every day that physical attributes shouldn't affect me but my body is getting in the way of comfortably identifying as male.
    Is this what dysphoria feels like?
    It's either that or I'm still thinking I'm genderfluid, which would cover it all, or at least, I think it would.
    I dunno, anyone have any thoughts?

2. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Trust me, things can change quick. That is dysphoria, seemingly. Being uncomfortable with the gender you were born with normally is. The thing about lying to people about your womanhood is a type of social dysphoria, where you might be getting depressed because people don't recognize you as who you want to be. The reason you might not want to call yourself a guy is because you've been raised as a woman for most of your life, although it could also be because you're genderqueer. I hope you find out the right title for you, the only thing that's important is feeling comfortable in yourself. :slight_smile: