1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What actually am I? Oh wow.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kiychii, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Kiychii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, here's this little thing. I've been trying to figure out what I am for - days now, just trying to know what I would be considered as. Maybe it's because I'm not quite so well read, or just sort of a dumb person - but perhaps somebody here would be a bit better at decoding the strangeness that is my life?

Anyways, here goes:

For a bit, I've considered myself to be a demigirl. Because of my partial connection to femininity - as in, pastel colors, flowers, and delicate dresses? Things along those lines.

Now, I like those things, though that's the only reason I classified myself as a demigirl? Because those things were feminine and I do like them? Though - actually being a girl. I... really don't think I identify with actually being a girl. You see?

And though while I like those things, I strongly identify with being Androgyne, I suppose? Something that's difficult to tell if masculine or feminine, though... also liking the things that I said I used to consider myself a demigirl?

What would that be? Something like feminine-androgynous? that doesn't even exist androgyne is more like the middle ground, so... does it make sense for there to even be a feminine androgyne?

This is so confusing, I don't even know. Lastly, my actual preferred pronouns are they/them/their. Now, I don't know if that helps, because I'm not so sure it helps me...

Anyways- um, there's that, I guess. This was a mess. I'm so sorry.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Things like androgyny and genderqueer aren't classified only by liking traditionally female things. (You're AMAB, right?) Breaking gender norms is perfectly fine, but I don't think it would be considered another gender. Being uncomfortable in your own body and having physical or social dysphoria would be a tip off that you're a different gender, but only you can tell for sure, cliche as that sounds.

3. Summer Rose

The thing is, being feminine doesn't mean you are or have to be a female. Males can be feminine, wear dresses, but still be straight and cis; same things for females. If you view yourself as more feminine, but not female, then you're not female.

4. Kiychii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmm, yeah, I see that~ That's... actually pretty relieving. As in, things like clothes and interests are gender neutral - I knew that before, - I'm stupid, but I guess now is when it's really just clicking?

Also, no- actually. I'm AFAB. But I do have a lot of gender dysphoria, so I guess that's something.

So - well, I guess it's something this way. I enjoy culturally feminine things, though actually being a female, the idea of it is terrible? Actually, with this, I think that it would actually just be more accurate to say that I'm androgyne? I actually think so...?