1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel kinda brainwashed? does anyone get this feeling or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eli Revol, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Eli Revol

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I recently discovered I am a guy and I really wanna go on T and all that stuff. I want to be someone's boyfriend and would like to be seen as a boy but when I think about being with a girl as a guy, I feel like I have this lesbian-ish mindset still that straight relationships are boring, how men are boring.

So when I think about relationships now, I'm always like, wow why do girls even like men?
    EVEN though I still would prefer to be a guy and go on dates as a guy and everything!

Does anyone else get this feeling? I literally feel like I'm just brainwashed into thinking so many bad things about being straight or just men in general. I don't like it and it is confusing and makes me feel like I am not really transgender/an actual guy.:bang:

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was never a lesbian but I do have a similar mindset about relationships. I want to date a guy and be some guys boyfriend, but at the same time I feel like I have to be the girl in any relationship (mostly because that was what I was taught growing uo)

As well when it came to liking male pronouns as a kid I was strongly told by my female teachers that I was giving into what men wanted. That men wanted me to think being a guy was cool, or that male pronouns were the best, or such things.