1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I actually a boy? I still feel ashamed and doubtful sometimes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eli Revol, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Eli Revol

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I think myself as a boy... I feel like everything around me comes to life and me being on T is just a more "me" version of myself. I am more myself.

I want to be a boy because I always wanted to be sorta like this goth guy and have a mohawk or something and I feel like when I do all that as a girl, I don't like my appearance. When I wear all the clothes I wanna wear and look in the mirror, I am not satisfied. I do not like how my curves are noticeable and I want facial hair.

When I hang with my guy friends, I wanna be one of the guys too and just do stupid guy stuff together. Also, I feel like if I were to go on dates I would feel more confident as a guy and prefer to be someone's boyfriend.

BUT, when it comes to relationships (I posted something like this recently) I feel like it is going to be boring being in a straight relationship and I think that this is because of kinda being brainwashed in the lesbian community/tumblr too. Straight people as well as men are being more looked down upon and it affects me. I tell myself, "why do women even like men?" Sometimes I feel bad for being a guy and feel like being a lesbian is better and "cooler" than just being a mostly straight, simple guy???

Am I doing it/being trans for the wrong reasons? I keep denying myself and think maybe I'm just a masculine girl who wants to look like a guy but I truly wish I could have just been born a guy so I wouldn't have this mindset and so I could already be some cool goth guy.. that is what I always strived to be and look like and be seen as :confused:

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had that problem too (well, not the straight thing but it seriously messed me up). You're not being trans for the wrong reason, it definitely sounds like you have some dysphoria. While you're not very confident in your gender, I'd stay away from Tumblr social justice. Just blacklist things that make you feel bad about it, unfollow people, or block posts. X-kit is great.

3. InfinityonHigh

There's no "being trans for the wrong reasons". If you're trans, you're trans.

Gender expressions does not dictate gender identity. You can be as goth as you want and still be a guy. Honestly, I can sorta relate to what you're saying. A masculine girl, at the end of the day, is still a girl and wouldn't want to be seen a guy.

As for the whole relationship thing, I don't really know. All I have to say is that Tumblr can be both a safe haven and a toxic environment at the same time.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, the only wrong reason is I want this one person/people to like me, and the only way they will is if I am trans.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I never identified as a lesbian, but I did have a problem because I used to use Tumblr a lot and I felt bad about myself when I realised I was a guy because all the stuff I read on there sort of made me subconsciously feel like being a guy was worse. It's best to just break out of that mindset.

6. Taramil

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sound like you might be trans to me. Just so you know, having had androgens working on my body for 23 years, I know that you grow hair in places you never thought that person should grow hair, and you tend to grow a lot more body hair than hair on your head. Working out tends to lead to faster results than it does with women, and you do have more angular than curvy features.

I am in the opposite boat as you. I want no body hair, boobs, feminine voice, a vagina, and sexy curves. Looking at my body depresses the hell out of me since I see the opposite of how I view myself on the inside (a woman with all of the aforementioned traits). My dysphoria is very bad though, and has led to severe depression and multiple suicide attempts, so I am probably on the more extreme end compared to you.

If you feel you are trans and you have always felt that you wanted to be a boy, even before puberty, chances are one hundred percent sure that you are a trans man.

7. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The easiest (in my opinion) way to reassure yourself would be to look back on stuff and be like "Oh, yeah, I am a guy." For example when I was little I was like "why does everyone call me a girl when the person looking at me in the mirror is obviously a boy?" And remembering stuff like that helps reassure me that I'm not identifying as a guy for the wrong reasons.