1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find a gender therapist when agender/nonbinary

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by animequeen567, Sep 16, 2015.

1. animequeen567

How do I go about finding a therapist? I want a letter. I want to transistion but I have heard how hard it canbe to find one when you are nonbinary...help?

2. Gallatin

Not sure if it will be of much help, but in our helpful links thread I did find this: RAD Remedy - Home

That might help you to find some trans/gender-nonconforming therapist options. If not, you could always just try searching for trans/gender-nonconfomring friendly therapists in your area. I know several websites will produce lists of therapists with the type of counseling they provide.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Gallatin on the website, especially if you are along the I-71 axis of the state. The lead developer is actually in Columbus. You can also try checking with nearby support groups. TransOhio has a calendar on their website... Hopefully they are able to get the rest of their site back together soon. Calendar | Educate. Advocate. Support. Community.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suggest checking out the website Psychology Today and look up therapists in your area. You can also narrow it down to those who specialize in working with trans people as well.

IMO, I don't think finding a therapist should be too tough. My partner is non-binary / genderqueer, and he had no problem at all talking to a therapist (he went to sessions with me for support) or starting T.