1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could this all just be a phase

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FootballFan101, Sep 17, 2015.

1. FootballFan101

I am feeling a bit of dysphoria to become a girl. But could this be a phase? It started 3 months ago in June when I first recognised my dysphoria. I have had a histiry of doing feminine stuff like hand on hips or crossing legs and when I look back there are little clues. Keep in mid my age 13 going on 14 so my hormones are starting to come in hard and puberty and all that stuff

2. AsheTheHuman

It sounds like you're going through a pivotal part of a transgender person's life. Puberty. It sucks, especially if you're trans. I think the best thing to do right now would be to think s lot about you and what would make you happy, stay here in a safe place and discuss your feelings with us. It may also help to keep a diary of your emotions and thoughts. Even if it's just seemingly nonsense. Anyways, hope I helped, good luck, and feel free to message me anytime ^_^

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Puberty is a very common time for dysphoria to begin because that's when a lot of the characteristics that cause dysphoria start to appear. It might be a phase, but it very well may not be. Keep track of how you're feeling and see if the feelings are consistent.

You don't have to rush, and this isn't something you have to do at all if you don't want to, but remember that if the dysphoria gets bad, puberty blockers are an option. They will stop any further changes from happening, but there are no permanent effects so if you find out you're not trans, you can go off blockers and puberty will proceed as normal.

4. FootballFan101